- Different construction and maintenance works related to Urinals, latrines, drains, channels, wells, ghats, gardens, and bridges are handled by the members of municipality.
- The cleaning and watering of public streets in order to maintain both safety and healthy regulations.
- Proper water and lighting supply to each and every corner of their legislative area.
- Well designed sewage disposal is maintained in every house to avoid the unnecessary growth of bacteria.
- Preservation and planting of trees all around the area in order to enhance a green and healthy environment.
- Construction and maintenance of guest houses, dharamsalas, maternity houses, orphanages, dispensaries, and hospitals.
- Prevention of various deadly diseases and promotion of different necessary vaccinations.
- Construction and maintenance of slaughter houses and municipal markets for the betterment of the citizens.
- Promotion of various programs related to education and public libraries.
- Helping the needful people at the time of natural calamities, scarcity, and famine.
- Construction and maintenance of burial grounds and ensuring proper disposal of dead bodies.
- Proper town planning with all necessary amenities like ambulance services, fire services.
- Maintenance of historical places and monuments in order to maintain their values.
- Proper promotion for health and family planning, non-formal education, adult education.
- Registration of number of deaths and births in that city/town.
- Protection of the environment and maintaining a proper urban forestry.
Thus, the municipality system is highly responsible for controlling each and every discretionary and obligatory functioning needed in an area.
Some Of The Common Functions Which Are Maintained By A Municipal Corporation System Are -: