A proper municipal system is highly necessary in different small towns or districts in order to manage the overall municipal works in that particular area. In other words, a municipal corporation is considered as the local face of the government in that area. The municipality system manages both administrative and political structure of that particular community.
For a particular area, certain municipal legislatives and executives are elected in order to enhance co-operation among the communities, share resources, and to develop common approaches in solving different issues in that particular area.
A municipal corporation system has proper authority to govern certain legislation in their own area or boundary. The power of the corporation is strictly limited to the governing bodies only. A lot of responsibilities are being managed by an efficient municipal corporation system, such as -:
- It is the responsibility of the municipality system to ensure that proper provincial and national legislation are being followed in their area.
- The executives set targets, strategies, policies, and plans in order to develop their area and to resolve the issues of the local communities.
- Budget is one of the main constraints in the development work. Thus, the municipality system designs and implements budgets very efficiently as per the requirements.
- The executives ensure that the municipal services are being provided to each and every community living that particular area.
- The municipal system passes and implements various bylaws in order to develop a proper healthy and safe environment for each individual residing in that area.